Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trying

Since I have all this free time, I'm trying to organize my life. It's really hard because I'm really lazy. I'm trying to become a neat and tidy person. The problem is, one or two items of trash or whatever on the floor simply doesn't bother me. Some people, they hate to see it. Not me. I'm totally comfortable with it. And so by the time it does bother me, it's too messy and I don't want to clean it. Well, I'm a much much much better housekeeper than I was 18 months ago. Much. So, celebrate the improvements, right? But I've a long way to go. But I'm trying. I've made some goals recently. I want to be an early riser. On the very few occasions that I've managed to get out of bed before 7, I really loved being up that early. I was more productive and chipper even. There's something about the morning hours that's inspiring and motivating, and I have a genuine desire to be a part of that every morning.

Until the morning comes. Then I have a genuine desire to never get out of bed.

Ugh.

Well, last week I did pretty well. I goaled to get up and read some scripture each morning at 6:30. I'm pretty good about goals. All last week, I did exactly that: woke up at 6:30 and forced my lids-of-steel open to read a chapter in the Bible. Then guess what I did? Went back to bed! LAZY! That wasn't what I had in mind when I made the goal, but at least I didn't fail. Maybe soon I'll dare to goal (I don't know if it's a verb technically) to get out of bed and stay up. That will be so hard. So hard! I could just get so much done if I could follow through, though.
Also part of my trying-ness is I've started an exercise regime. Okay, not quite so strict. I've had this Winsor Pilates DVD and mat for like 2 years. When I first got it, I did it every other day for about a week. It was so hard! It wiped me out, and it's only a 20 minute program. I hated it. Well, I busted it out yesterday. I've lost about 50 lbs since the last time I tried it and yesterday I kept waiting for it to get really hard but it was over in no time and I was like, "that's it?" Sweet, I can do this! Today my abs are sore, so that's a good sign, right? Well, I decided I would do this 20 minute workout every day. So today I put in the DVD but I couldn't find the DVD remote. The menu on this particular disc is set up in such a way that you actually need the remote to get to the workout. Retarded. I looked everwhere. It was a noble effort. Couldn't find it so I put the mat away. Oh well I found the remote a while ago so tomorrow I'll be hittin the mat again. Anna and Matthias did it with me yesterday, it was SO CUTE. They didn't last the full 20 minutes of course. Anna got a towel and Matthias dragged his car roads mat thing from the bedroom and they stuck their legs up in the air just like mommy. Hilarious, that's what it was.

I dropped off several resumes today and applied online for some other places as well. This is getting ridiculous! I would hire me in an instant!

Today I wanted pizza. Last time I got pizza from Pizza Hut, I ordered their pizza mia thing, where you get three pizzas for $15. It'd been for delivery. First of all, it took like one hour to get here. Secondly, they'd only gotten one out of three pizzas correct. I called and they said they'd give me a $20 credit rather than fixing my order. Okay. So today I thought I'd get me some free pizza. I ordered the same thing I did last time, but for carryout. I went in and they charged me and I reminded them I had a credit. They said no, I did not. I explained the story and she looked at me like, Okay, Whatever, and did something on her register. Then she said, "the credit won't take this time. You'll have it next time you come order." So I had to pay today! I was so disappointed because I have, like, no money.

So right now my computer is doing this creepy thing where the CD Rom thing (whatever it is you put CDs into) is opening and closing spontaneously and repeatedly. Over and over and over again. So I think I'm going to shut off my computer now.

2 comments:

jjertmann said...

You're funny! Dumb Pizza Hut. That's really annoying. I really hope you get a job soon. I'm crossing my fingers and sending you good job thoughts.

Stephanie said...

thanks muchly!