Thursday, February 5, 2009

Test and such

Last week I had my first tests. I've had several quizes, but my first tests were last week. One was in my religion class, on which I got like a low B, which is hugely embarrassing. Religion! Come on! The other was science. Science has been my least favorite subject since embryo. I love science, really I do, I appreciate it, and I appreciate those who understand it. I don't. So. I was nervous about the test, but unit one was about the planets and the galaxy and the history of the universe, and that's not hard stuff. I got a B on that test, which I'm happy with. Even though the history of the universe isn't really hard, it's still science, so I'll gladly take a B.

Today I had another test. It's for my least favorite class, Middle East. I don't know what it's really called. World ideologies: conflicts in the Middle East or something like that. Anyway. I have nothing against Arabs or Muslims. I thought it would be interesting to learn about what's happening over there. And it IS interesting. But it's so so so so so so much reading. For a two credit class, it sure is a lot of work. And that's why I hate it. Oh, also, because reading about water conflicts in Israel and Turkey is boring. Also, every day we have a quiz. Most of them are 3 questions. For most of them, I get 2 right. That's 66%! I'm just hoping I pass this class. Anyway, needless to say, I was not looking forward to this test today. I'm happy to report that I did not get 66% on the test, but 87%. Yes! A B! I'll take it.

There was a time, pre-motherhood, when three B's was depressing. I'd cry if I got a B. Because it wasn't an A. Mostly, I got A's. I'm talking about the last time I was in college, like, 8 years ago. Anyway. Now, I'm a little lighter on myself because I have kids. And I study for my tests with Wall*E or Polar Express as my background music. I study for my tests with many distractions from hungry, sleepy, cranky, sick, needy children (all of these attributes they sometimes, not always, are). And they come first. (Except when I'm being selfish, which does happen from time to time.) So. I'll take a B. Especially in Middle East!

The End.

2 comments:

Treasa said...

Wow! Good job! Seriously, I know I wouldn't be able to get B's if I was a single mom. I got worse grades than that in college when I was single.

Shelly said...

Good job! Way to keep things balanced well, that is very difficult to do.