Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ADHD

I think I totally failed to post my son's official diagnosis. Two weeks ago, we went back to the doc in Idaho Falls to go over Matthias' test results. Dr. Lawson said she didn't see any autism at all, so Asperger's is not it. That's good. She said he has ADHD. She gave me a list of books to read, which maybe I will one day when I don't have pounds and pounds of homework. She suggested family therapy and PSR, which is counselors coming to your home and observing your child. I can't even think how that would help and not harm, so I'm sure I'll never do that. Family therapy, though, maybe.

She said it's not that bad, though. And she said she doesn't recommend meds at this point (which is good, since I refuse to drug my kid) but that I should consider that in a few years when he starts school. Thanks, but no. Well, I mean, never say never, but I don't see it getting so so so bad that I feel the need to put him on meds. Especially what with the blessing he got and all.

So. My kid has ADHD. Weird.

I love him.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ADHD is much better than any form of autism. It seems like everyone these days has it too. He'll be fine. You'll be fine. We'll all be fine.