Friday, August 1, 2008

How to Sweat.

So Pilates gave me a stiff neck. I know why; I was turning my head to see the TV when I was supposed to be looking forward or down. Anyway, I had a stiff neck for like 3 days, it's finally going away now. So not fun. But I decided a while ago that I was going to add something aerobic to my pilates and I bought a Tae-Bo VHS set of four tapes off ebay (for $6, including shipping). I got it yesterday and yesterday I did the instructional tape.

Today I tried the 8 minute workout.

HOLY COW!

First of all, I'm positive that it's much longer than 8 minutes. Secondly, within 8 minutes, I was sweating out of every last gland, and I never sweat! So gross! Man, what a workout! I better have burned, like, 4000 calories because I am beat. In fact, I couldn't even finish the "8 minutes" (it has to be 20) because my lungs were contracting! Oh, here we go... the case says it 16 minutes. No way, that's it?

Anyway, I must be a wimp. But it was fun and I've been gaining weight and inches and I'm really upset about that (it also makes NO sense) so hopefully this will help. I should be able to handle 16 minutes of exercise a day, really. I'll still do the pilates too every so often for good measure.

I'm going to take a cold shower now.

No comments: