Sunday, August 1, 2010

LONG WEEK

Well on Monday, I dropped the kids off to Randy's for the whole week. He's supposed to have the kids four weeks in the summer but he's only taking them this week, which is fine by me. He never said anything so neither did I. Until last week. Suddenly he wanted to exercise his summer visitation even though the summer's almost over.

This has been a long week. So so long. Excruciating. I miss my kids so much. I get them back today and I can't wait. Only, Randy called today and said Anna wants to talk to me. So Anna asked if she can stay another few days at daddy's because she doesn't want to come home.

And so my heart broke but I kept a steady voice (somehow) and told her no, it's time to come home. She started to cry. And cry and cry and cry. And I wonder how can she possibly not want to come home? I must not be as awesome as I thought. :(

So I'm way bummed now. I'm makin the kids cookies now, and I hope Anna will be happy when she gets here, but I think she'll cry again. Even with the cookies. And dinner. FROWN.

PS Today I deactivated my Facebook account. Wonder how long it'll last. :)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm sorry Steph! He must have been doing lots of things to try to bribe the kids to want to stay there...Though I don't know your full situation or him at all so I can't really say. But anywho, I am sorry, that would break my heart too.