Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pirate at Albertsons

We went to Albertsons yesterday, the kids and I. Shortly after we entered the store, a very old, stooped, bearded man wearing an eye patch entered. Matthias was sitting in the cart kid seat and asked me, "Mommy, is that a pirate?" I looked at the gentleman behind me and he didn't seem to have heard, so I said in a low tone, "I don't think so, son." I think I shouldn't have left so much room for doubt. We walked ahead a little bit, looking at the 10 for $10 sale items. The very old fellow remained just behind. Matthias kept staring at him, grinning his all-teeth-bearing grin. SO CUTE. The man was coming closer (because I was stopped, now, at the sale items) and Matthias was still staring at him. The man said hello. Matthias said, "Are you a pirate?" still grinning that flippin' adorable grin. He was SO excited to meet a pirate!
Luckily, the very old man was very good natured and he said, "Yes. I'm a pirate. But I'm a good pirate. Are you a good boy?"
Matthias could not have been more thrilled. His very wide smile widened and he nodded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got to meet a pirate? I am so bummed I wasn't there.

Mom

Shelly said...

I am jealous, it isn't everyday one meets a pirate and a good one at that.