Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Matt's Birthday

Was yesterday. I just can't believe my baby boy is four years old! Presents were first thing in the morning. I video taped it; I'll likely post the vid soon-ish. He got a neat outfit from my mom, a bubble gun from Kimmie, and from me: bubbles, Percy the train (to be friends with Thomas so now he has 2 engines), the movie Robots, and I think that's it. Yeah.

He got a cute birthday hat at daycare. We went to Jennifer's for icecream. Matthias said he had cake at Daddy's (we'd spent the weekend in Nampa) so I thought that was license to forego a cake. Jennifer gave him a carwash as a gift! He loves going through the carwash. What a great gift; it serves both child and mother!

For dinner I took him and Anna and our friend Ben to JB's. The kids call Ben "the elmo guy" because he does a great Elmo impression! He babysits sometimes so I treated him as a thank you.

Anyway. My baby is four. My goal was to have all my kids (I wanted four) by the time I was 30, so that, in theory, they'd all be out of the house by the time I was 50. I'm 28. Chances are slim that I'll have two more kids in two years, as I haven't so much as a marriage prospect! Don't you hate when things don't go as planned?

Anyway. Bye now.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Just remember God has a plan for you & it doesn't always mesh with the plan you've made. He has a strange sense of humor. Like you I planned on being done with babies by 30 but at 27 hadn't even started. Met my hubby at a bar, of all places, married 5 mos later & had my second & last baby on March 2, 19 days before I turned 30. God is good, but a little crazy (in a good way of course) :)